Packing and Moving Tips Worth Knowing
Are you planning to relocate your household goods or car and wondering about how to get it right? Well household relocation can be a bit tricky, especially when you don't have prior experience of home relocation. Relocating household goods involves a series of steps e.g. finding packers and movers, getting quotations, evaluating the offers and finally getting it all executed under your supervision. But when you a proper plan in place, home relocation can be done without any hassles.
Listed below are some of the quick and simple home shifting tips that will help you get it right;
- Start planning everything well in advance. Time is crucial and when you are running out of time, you have to rush and you may end up paying more to the movers and packers. So plan well in advance.
- Make a list of all the items that is to be relocated. Right from major items like fridge and washing machine to lose items like crockery and utensil, make a list of everything.
- Start finding movers and packers in your city and invite two or three different companies to do the survey of goods. Share the list with them and let them take actual stock of the inventory.
- The best part of getting survey done is you get to meet the service providers and also get most accurate estimates, with no or minimal chance of any alteration in estimates cost.
- Compare, evaluate and understand the costs, terms, insurance etc and then choose a company you think suits you the most.
- Make sure to check all of the papers, registration, license, KYC of the company before choosing one.
- Clearly understand the terms of insurance, applicable taxes, hidden charges like octroi and toll tax etc to avoid future disputes.
- Clearly understand how long it will take then to deliver goods. Sometimes even after best effort.
- The actual delivery may take a couple of extra days depending on the condition of the road/route, so pan everything accordingly.
- Schedule a date for packing and moving. Usually all of the packing and loading etc can be done in same day, but when you have lots of items, you may have to schedule it accordingly.
- Don't make any payments without getting proper and original receipt.
- Never trust on verbal commitments, put everything on the papers.
- Be mindful when choosing an agency, lowest rates and offers should not be the only criteria to choose a company. You should look at overall service quality of the agency before hiring.
- Do check online reviews of the companies before hiring.
Packers and movers industry is much unorganized in India and hence there is no point rushing at the end. Plan well, think mindfully and practically and you'll be able to eliminate lots of hassles when relocating household goods or car.